Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Jujutsu


http://www.bmezine.com/tattoo/A50910/high/bmegl129515.jpg

One of the basic principles many martial arts share is not to flaunt. Unfortunately many students have completely disregarded this important teaching, rather brand themselves with superficial gibberish.

Does getting (Jujutsu or Jujitsu) tattooed on your body really enhance your martial art skill and help you to find your inner peace? Perhaps getting the correct characters tattooed would help.

Regardless, you are now the laughing stock at your dojo ().


Use "HANZI2006" to save 10% on any t-shirt purchase at Jlist.com, and save 25% for 3 shirts or more.

3 comments:

  1. As a student of Japanese, which I recognize is not quite like Chinese, but shares many characters, I want to tell you that I applaud what you're doing here. Even being able to read the characters, I wouldn't tattoo them on myself. It baffles me why these idiots do what they do. That being said, I love correcting people on their poorly done tattoos and seeing their faces when they realize that I'm serious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only look here occasionally to see what has twisted the websites authors knickers around!

    He hates tattoos, he hates a slip of a brush but he really loves to call people stupid.

    The acidity enthralls me! Who wrote his name so badly he's scarred for life!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous wrote: "I love correcting people on their poorly done tattoos and seeing their faces when they realize that I'm serious". That's kind of heartless... I met a guy at a dojo with kanji tattoos all over his arms and legs. I don't know enough to recognise incorrect or missing strokes, but even I could see they were ugly and blocky, and several were definitely upside down. I didn't know how to tell him, so I said nothing. He was really proud of his tattoos, and thought of himself as a "spiritual" guy.

    ReplyDelete