Sunday, September 26, 2010

from: Rob B.
to: "tiangotlost@gmail.com"
date: Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 9:53 AM
subject: Help?

I've always wondered what my tat really says....

it supposed to be "wicked clown".

I don't even know what language it is.

l_efa3cabc6987f71129bf798b8d3608ee2

Alan and I have figured out where the guy got "wicked clown."

alone can also mean "bad," "evil" or "wicked", and appears in the word 丑角 (the simplified variant of 醜角) which does mean "clown" or "joker."

But there is no way that 歹丑 means "wicked clown" so we still think the guy is an ass clown.

4 comments:

  1. I thought "小丑" is clown? But "丑" alone is "ugly," so "wicked ugly"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In traditional Chinese, 醜 is "ugly", while 丑 is "clown". Both become 丑 in simplified.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Wicked Clown"? Am I the only one thinking Juggalo? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it was a juggalo tattoo...sadly. I was young...very young...

    LOL, "ass clown". When people ask me what it means now-a-days I just tell them "dumb ass".

    ReplyDelete