Tuesday, March 8, 2005

Light, Literature, Catches Dragon



The first character could be 光, but I doubt it. The second character is 文. I have no idea what the third character is. The last one could be 弋.

光 = light, brilliant, shine; only
文 = literature, culture, writing
弋 = catch, arrest; shoot with bow

I have no idea what the phrase means, anyone else?


11 comments:

  1. The first character looked like a messed up version of 気 (ki) in Japanese to me at first glance, but unpon closer inspection, I agree that it does look a bit more like 光.

    The third character looks like it might be a mirror image of 麻 with a lot of elements missing, or perhaps 氣, again with many things missing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might the third and fourth together make a Japanese word?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could the third be a FLIPPED and poorly written kanji version of 厉 (厲)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 2nd looks more like 女 to me...

    Maybe the 3rd is a really botched 札 ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. dont waste your time thinking about the characters, this is just a bloody shit

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Chinese co-worker looked at it and said "It's not Chinese."

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you kind of superimposed the broken first and third characters it might become a 氣...
    Considering the background image, I'm inclined to thing that the fourth character was actually a miserably failed attempt at the PRC simplified version of 龍(龙).

    ReplyDelete
  8. "The bright and literate will shoot this guy with a bow."

    ReplyDelete
  9. maybe its 虱 (shi1)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Collin on the 文/女 issue. Given the general poor quality of the calligraphy it seems reasonable to assume that the cross-bar stroke was deliberately made to look like it was "above" the rest of the character (since it is meant to be the last written)...

    ReplyDelete