Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Hanzi Vigilante Blogger

For the last two weeks of October, I was in Montreal, Canada. While I was there, a friend of mine has sent me link to a story published in the Vancouver Sun titled "More Skin, Less Ink" by Paula Brook.

The story is about people's regrets of their own tattoos. Of course with that, yours truly was mentioned.

I laughed so hard when I read the part where Ms. Brook referred me as:

Hanzi Vigilante Blogger

I am thinking about making some business cards with that title.

On the other hand, the term "vigilante blogger" makes me feel like the character with dual personalities of Edward Norton and Brad Pitt in Fight Club. Or, Jan and Peter in The Edukators (Die fetten Jahre sind vorbei).

The original Vancouver Sun's story is here, here is a pdf copy of it, and for those who are too lazy to read, mp3 version of the article are also available here and here.

7 comments:

  1. One thing from the article that jumped out at me was this quote:

    "The more professional the tattoo, the harder it is to remove, especially if it has lots of green, yellow and blue ink."

    This reminded me of the recent Eternal Evil Flame tattoo. That one was not at all “professional” by any stretch of the imagination, but it certainly has lots of green and blue ink.

    Maybe it will be eternal after all!

    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Hanzi Vigilante Blogger"?

    *snicker*

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Vigilante Blogger" is a pretty admirable title. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should hang on to that sexy title, dude. Usually, grad school geeky guys don't get such superhero-ish monikers.

    I myself am The Between-the-Couch-Cushions-Lost-Stuff-Avenger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's only fair, since if you go to Japan and read the shirts and stuff, they butcher English, why not have some butchered Kanji, hahaha.... but they are smart and just put it on shirts. I hope. I didn't get to see any tattoos when I was there, so I don't know.

    At Universal Studios one time I saw a guy with Mark in katakana tattooed on his arm, I was SO tempted to walk up to him and go Mark! How ARE you?? And just kind of mess with him. He was with a woman. Tee hee. That would have been funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Hanzi Vigilante" sounds to me, Italian and in love with Chinese, great.
    Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's one awesome title you have. Anonymous approves.

    ReplyDelete