Sunday, May 13, 2007

Tattoo Removal with Handheld Sander


tattooremovalwithhandheldsander.wmv (2.43 MB)

My friend Gordon just emailed me this video clip of someone getting a tattoo removed.

Instead of using a scalpel or laser gun, the person administering the procedure is actually using a Black&Decker handheld sander. It is unclear if the patient was given any anesthesia prior to the operation, but at least the "doctor" was wearing gloves.

The one minute video is not for the weak-stomached, especially the buzzing sound of sander grinding into human flesh.

7 comments:

  1. It is unclear if the patient was given any anesthesia prior to the operation, but at least the doctor was wearing gloves.

    The "patient" seems awfully calm, so I'd have to assume that he is feeling no pain, probably with the help of some sort of mind-altering substance, not exactly anesthesia.

    I think "doctor" is, ehem, a bit charitable of term for the guy wielding the sander.

    One has to wonder if that was a botched Chinese character tattoo that is being sanded off...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jesus. I didn't even watch the video, and I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s very “punk rock” right there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely falls under the heading of stupid people doing stupid things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god! I'm speechless.. I bet the scar tissue looks whole lot cooler than the crally tat did.. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, this probably tops some of the more common tattooing problems in the category for "causing sepsis".

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd hate to see the infection that set in afterwards, as I doubt they cleaned the sander with anything antibacterial beforehand. *barf*

    ReplyDelete