Wednesday, April 13, 2005
Third Time May Be A Charm
I don't understand why this person decided to have all the strokes in each characters to be various width.
Out of nine characters, two of them 義 are repeats, and both were still wrong. One would think the tattoo artist used the first one as a practice trial.
Starting from the left upper corner and descending:
1. 義 (right conduct, righteousness) has broken one stroke into two dots in the bottom partial of 我.
2. 礼 (social custom; manners; courtesy) is correct.
3. 仁 (humaneness, benevolence, kindness) is correct.
4. 忠 (loyalty, devotion, fidelity) is correct.
5. 義 (right conduct, righteousness) is missing one horizontal stroke as well as has broken one stroke into two dots in the bottom partial of 我.
6. 真 (real, actual, true, genuine) is correct.
7. 勇 (brave, courageous, fierce) is correct.
8. 名 (name, rank, title, position) appears to be missing a small dot in the 夕 partial.
9. 誉 (fame, reputation; praise) is correct.
Six out of the nine characters are correct, this tattoo has earned a grade of "D+".